Commercial Insurance in South Carolina and Georgia
A small business is any company that has fewer than 500 employees. Small businesses are important to the state of South Carolina and Georgia's economic well-being, and they make up over 97% of all employees in the state. If you operate a small business in the CSRA, the information in this article provided by Hunt Insurance & Retirement Services (serving North Carolina, South Carolina, & Georgia) will help you understand it better and choose a policy you need:
- Any company that employs 4 or more employees (whether full or part-time) must carry workers' compensation insurance. If you are a sole proprietor with no employees, workers' compensation is not mandatory.
- If you hire any drivers for your business, they all need to have minimum automobile insurance. If you use your own truck or car for business purposes, it is recommended to purchase additional insurance - commercial auto insurance.
- It is important to understand that each business is unique, meaning that the cost of commercial insurance depends on the industry and the type of business. Certain industries may require additional coverage for full protection. For example, if you have a business that gives recommendations or advice, you should also get errors and omissions insurance.
- Even though it is not required to carry business insurance in South Carolina and Georgia, it is still recommended to purchase a business insurance policy to protect your company, yourself, and your employees.
We offer a wide variety of options when it comes to commercial insurance. That protection comes in many different forms, such as:
- General Liability Insurance
- Business Personal Property Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Personal Injury Insurance
- Transportation Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Trucker Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Commercial Rental Property Insurance
If you are a responsible business owner, operate your business in the CSRA, and are currently shopping for commercial insurance, Hunt Insurance & Retirement Services, serving businesses in the greater Augusta and Asheville areas, is ready to help you find the policy you need. Our friendly, experienced, and knowledgeable staff is available to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to visit our website or call us for a consultation.