Motorcycle Insurance in South Carolina and Georgia
Carrying motorcycle insurance is mandatory in South Carolina and Georgia, and you must produce it before the registration of your bike. Hitting South Carolina and Georgia roadways devoid of a motorcycle insurance policy can attract dire consequences such as hefty fines and suspension of your driver's license. In case you are uninsured and are engaged in an accident, you will be required to pay out-of-pocket for vehicle repair and medical expenses.
South Carolina and Georgia are an "at-fault state, meaning that you could be held financially liable after an accident if you are found responsible after involvement in an accident. South Carolina and Georgia advocates for minimum motorcycle coverage limits.
The minimum mandated requirements for motorcycle insurance in South Carolina and Georgia are not sufficient to cover an accident, mainly when you are involved in a fatal accident that results in serious injuries. This inadequacy in coverage requires you to consider procuring additional coverages to protect you and your passenger if unexpected peril strikes. Motorcycle premium costs in insurances of South Carolina and Georgia are based on a host of factors, including:
- Make or model your motorcycle.
- Driving record.
- Location. Storage.
- Annual mileage.
Are you seeking the right motorcycle insurance policy in South Carolina and Georgia? Visit us today at Hunt Insurance & Retirement Services in North Augusta, and get an insurance policy matching your needs and budget.
Types of Motorcycle insurance coverages.
- Comprehensive coverage: This policy protects against perils like wind, fire, water, and vandalism apart from collision.
- Collision coverage: This policy covers expenses to repair or replace your motorcycle that has been damaged in an accident in the form of collision with another vehicle, post, fence, or rock outcrop.
- Medical payments coverage: This covers items such as prescription drug payments and other related medical expenses up to the policy's limit. It also protects the rider regardless of who is deemed liable after an accident.
- Bodily injury coverage: Covers individual costs if you cause injuries or death to someone in an at-fault accident. It also covers your passenger in case of any eventuality.
- Un-insured and under-insured coverage: This form of coverage caters to lost wages, medical bills, and other damages to the policyholder if the other party is inadequately insured or uninsured.
Contact us or visit our Hunt Insurance & Retirement Services offices in North Augusta and get a motorcycle insurance quote today!